WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
Are you a talented, well-rounded Full Stack Web Developer? Are you interested in working with a team with a global presence?
Our client has been an industry-leader for over 40 years in high-end audio, including wireless, multi-room audio streaming. They are looking to grow their development team, and hire someone who is excited by the challenge of designing easy-to-use, reliable applications. They offer a comprehensive benefits package including extended health, vision and dental coverage, prescription, vacation time and more.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
This role provides the opportunity to plan, design, and build efficient web tools. With direction from the Marketing Operations Lead and in conjunction with the Production Coordinator, the candidate will aid digital marketing and online sales activities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Build and expand web-based e-commerce solutions (online stores, payment gateways, content websites, search service)
- Create highly customized Wordpress themes and customize WordPress and WooCommerce plugins to meet business requirements
- With flexibility in mind, modularize and break down a sophisticated system for long term maintenance
- Write code with a mobile-first design philosophy
- Code review and handle merge requests from other developers
- Guide and mentor junior developers to provide viable solutions to problems
- Keep up-to-date with best practices for maintaining secure websites and ensure that all projects meet the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act(AODA), General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR), and other regulatory and data governance requirements always be exploring new and innovative ways to get the job done
- 3-5+ years building a variety of e-commerce websites with PHP
- Knowledge of payment gateway options and ramifications resulting from global trade
- Full stack LAMP/LEMP management
- Strong understanding of MVC
- Ability to use Git to collaborate with a team of programmers
- Testing and deploying code updates to live WordPress-driven marketplaces
- Experience in designing database schemas and efficient SQL queries
- WCAG 2.0 AA compliance
- RESTful services – DevOps
- Cloud computing platforms such as gCloud or AWS
- Excited to learn and able to work independently
- Ability to work with digital marketers
- Post-Secondary Education in computer science, web design, or related
- Hands-on experience in advanced WooCommerce development platform would be a plus
DevStaff believes in universal acceptance for everyone everywhere. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire DevStaff family. As such, DevStaff is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by provincial or federal law. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.