WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
Do you want to work for a company that is driven by making an environmental impact? Are you ready to help business customers reduce their energy consumption? This opportunity might be a fit for you!
Our client is a growing software and energy company that helps businesses with energy management. They use software and data analytics to uncover efficiency opportunities and deliver custom-tailored recommendations.
Are you ready to work alongside a growing, nimble, and fast-moving company?
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Our client is looking to hire an outstanding Intermediate to Senior Software Developer for their Kitchener, Ontario office on a full-time and permanent basis. Experience with designing and developing top-performing and highly reliable enterprise-grade solutions, with an emphasis on back-end development. The ideal candidate will collaborate with a small team of developers with the stimulating project of extending and enhancing the next generation of software offerings.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Exercise the basic principles of modern architecture
- Discuss/solicit software requirements
- Develop design, functional block, workflow, and data model diagrams
- Prove and demonstrate capabilities by using prototype concepts as needed
- Generate, test, deliver software modules with little to no defects
- Test, characterize, diagnose, fix, and retest software as needed
- 5 years of experience in software development
- Over 5 years of experience in developing web applications
- Over 3 years of experience with Java and Linux
- Experienced with micro-service architecture
- Accomplished with multi-tenant cloud-based solutions, including AWS
- Understanding of modern architecture principles
- Experienced with designing for performance, scalability, and security
- Analyze software requirements to determine usefulness of design within cost and time constraints
- Excellent communication skills with ability to discuss and recommend architect and design concepts clearly and accurately
- Extended health care
- Dental Care
- Vision care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Work from home
DevStaff believes in universal acceptance for everyone everywhere. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire DevStaff family. As such, DevStaff is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by provincial or federal law. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.